How to make a PC from scratch using 3D printer (Part 2)
- by admin
The original idea for a 3D printed PC came from the team behind the Makerbot 3, which is a printer capable of 3D printing with a variety of materials.
That same team has also made a PC version for Raspberry Pi using the Raspberry Pi Zero W as its 3D printable platform.
The original Raspberry Pi PC was designed for students to learn how to build computers, which was a very important part of its success.
But the Pi was discontinued in 2009, so 3D printers like the Thingiverse and other Makerbot-based devices were designed to be able to build anything, regardless of the capabilities of the hardware.
While there are a few other options available for the DIY crowd, the MakerBot Zero W is one of the most popular 3D PC printers on the market.
It has the ability to print up to 8 parts per inch, and has a built-in fan, so it will easily power an entire home.
In addition to printing with 3D software, MakerBot’s latest 3D-printed PC also includes a wireless network card that allows for easy access to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
The MakerBot also includes several extras for those interested in taking it a step further, like an HDMI-out port and a USB 3.0 port.
The 3D Printed PC from MakerBotZeroW is available for pre-order now.
The original idea for a 3D printed PC came from the team behind the Makerbot 3, which is a printer…
- Why I’m buying an Rammus Build in 2017
- When Xin Zhao Builds a Twitch Streaming Station in China, It’s the New YouTube Source Bloomberg title Xin Zhao Builds the New Twitch Streaming Platform in China—And It’s The New YouTube
- Build Inspector: Leblanc – Karthus – Build Inspector
- Build your own house for $15K, including kitchen, bathrooms and garage
- When is the Raiders season going to start?